Edwards County Healthcare Foundation
Edwards County Healthcare Foundation is an independent non-profit organization whose purpose is to secure and distribute charitable funds. The Foundation will, through a variety of fund development activities assist in providing a continuum of quality, accessible and cost-effective healthcare services that meet medical needs and improve the physical well-being of people in Edwards County.
What is ECHF?
The Edwards County Healthcare Foundation provides an easy vehicle for citizens of the area who want to support the Foundation and Edwards County through bequests, donations, memorials, endowments, and memberships.
Since it was incorporated in 1992 The Edwards County Healthcare Foundations has provided more than $175,000 of equipment and services to Edwards County.
How can you assist ECHF?
There are many ways you can assist the Foundation. These include:
- Annual membership
- Gifts of cash and/or securities
- Trust and annuities which allow you to give during your lifetime, but reserve income on your gift for your usage
- Gifts of real property
- Bequests in the form of thoughtfully planned wills
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of home or farmland
How do we use Foundation Funds?
- Equipment Purchases – Donations to ECHF are used to purchase medical equipment for emergency responders and Edwards County medical facilities.
- Community Health Projects – Through a letter of request or Grant Application, community health fairs, educational programs, and the information are made available to the community by Foundation donations.
- Advancement Education– Improving your job skill to advance position
- Scholarships – Students with 60 college credit hours enrolling in medical education
- Specialty Training– Persons seeking response training certified nurse’s aide, etc.
Some of our contributions include:
- Stryker recliner to the Edwards County Medical Center
- Donation to Lewis Wellness Center
- Edwards County Medical Center Men's & Women's Health Fairs
- Offerle Fire Department's concrete floor
- Kinsley Library medical publications
- Edwards County food bank
- Walking Path
- IED for KOES School
- T-shirts for Kinsley-Offerle Recreation Commission
- Monetary donation to all Edwards County Volunteer Fire Department's
- ER Trauma table for Radiology
Through a memorial donation and request from Teresa Wilkerson’s family, we purchased a Hydraulic Push/Pull Dynamometer for ECMC physical therapy department.
Numerous scholarships, specialty training, and advanced education grants.