Patient and Family Advisory Council
In an effort to continue improving its quality of care, Edwards County Medical Center has created a new Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC). On the council will be community advisors who will be asked to serve alongside healthcare staff to ensure multiple perspectives and experiences are both heard and integrated into improving quality of care. Examples of what advisors could do include:
- Identify local patient and family health care needs.
- Provide feedback on current processes at the hospital and clinics.
- Discuss new ideas on how to improve quality of care.
- Promote awareness of opportunities and key health care resources to the community.
- Generate ideas for programs and/or education to benefit patients, family members, and caregivers.
- Enhance ongoing collaboration and cooperation among health care providers, patients, and families.
- Participate in the development and planning of items such as patient and family satisfaction initiatives, new facilities and facility renovation.
620-659-3621 ext. 353